Sunday, December 21, 2008

Funk Family Weekend of Fun Minus the Fun

We decided to pack up the family and go to park city with some good friends. We got a smokin deal because we signed up to do the time share presentation. I had dreams of it being so much fun; eating out, swimming, playing in the snow, shopping at the outlets, and just hanging out with friends.
Well to be honest.... Iam going to sound like such a brat but.... It was HORRIBLE! Now that it's over it doesn't seem so bad, but when we were there all I wanted to do was come home. The weather was so bad, our rooms were SO small, JJ decided to throw the worst tantrums I have EVER seen. I felt so bad for the people next to us because JJ was up till after midnight screaming (and he has a loud voice) "I want my stripe bed!" and "My poo is coming!" and "This doesn't look like our house!"
I feel like we didn't even see our friends.

SO, we decided we would love to do it again, but without the kiddos. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, they are great and make me smile everyday. They just didn't make things very fun.
I sound like such a brat. OH WELL. Just being honest.

Okay, I'll be positive now.... Gas was so cheap we had to take a picture And it's dropped a lot since then. It was a very economical trip.

I think the boys MIGHT have had fun. I'm not sure though.


The best part of the trip.... going home with two sleeping boys.

4 comments:

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

I am sorry the boys weren't the best for you! You should have dropped them off here and we would have watched them for you guys. Sometimes vacations aren't all what they are cracked up to be!

a-anderson said...

i talked to Josh and he made the vacation sound great. Were you two on the same vacation? Sorry it was not so fun!!

Kassidy said...

Hi! I'm sorry your kids were little helliens! (Did I spell that right?) At least you got away for a little bit...even if it wasn't the greatest trip! It's all about building memories:)

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh I TOTALLY know what you mean. We all love our kids...but we all need and deserve a break from them once in a while. I'm totally trying to get over feeling bad for going out without the kids and being happy about it. It's tough but you'll learn to do it! That's too bad you didn't have the best time (and you didn't sound like a brat at all)...those things he said are hilarious! Better luck next time!