Saturday, December 8, 2007

GingerBread DISASTER!


Me being the cheap person that I am decided I was going to really go for it this year! I was going to make my own gingerbread house all from scratch! Lets just say I forgot the simple step of spraying pam after putting the dough on the sheet. It turned out awful! It was stuck to the pan so bad that we could barely scrape it off. I was so mad because I had spent alot of time making my own frosting and buying candy, and ofcourse making the gingerbread. And to make matters worse when I was at Costco yesterday I saw those dumb kits that everyone buys and it was only 8 BONES!! I learned the hard way this year. Luckily we had some grahm crackers, it aint pretty, but it does the job. J.J. had fun with it. I still think I might try to make my own again next year.

2 comments:

krista said...

Very cute gingerbread house! You're quite the domestic woman making it from scratch. I must say that I bought the Costco special. I wouldn't dare to make my own from scratch, I'll just call you the domestic diva!!

a-anderson said...

Gilly you crack me up. Lexi and I think the gingerbread house looks amazing! I have leard the hard way a few time to just buy the premade stuff. Like my story with the sugar cookies. Lexi said you shoud just buy it and it would be way more easier.:)