Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Near Abduction!

I couldn't believe it, when I went to pick up one of my girls that I do PSR with her grandmother showed me the newspaper without saying anything. I read the article, and she said that was her granddaughter in the paper. The story told of 2 girls walking home from school when a man in an old white car grabbed one of the girls, trying to pull her into his car. Luckily, somehow the girls both got away and were able to run to the school for help.
What is the world coming to, that guy must have been pretty brave to try to take a little girl in the light of day, right after school, only a block from the school. CRAZY! People are seriously crazy! The girl I work with is only 7 so I think it might have been pretty traumatizing. All I know is that if I have girls I am going to teach them some serious ball kicking skills. I don't think I'll have to worry about anything happening with JJ, he could probalby just sit on them and crush their lungs.
Pretty scary though huh?

10 comments:

The Funky Bunch said...

That is SO scary!! There are some messed up people out there and it scares me all the time. Especially with the job Mike has!! I can't believe some nasty things that people do! It's so different from when we grew up where we could walk miles without a worry! Times have definitely changed!

a-anderson said...

I hate stories like that. It freaks me out with all the weirdos out there. No wonder I am an over protective mother.

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

People are so weird! It's scary....you can never be too careful!

Brisa said...

that's crazy, but it's sad that we are starting to see a lot more of that happening!

The Wyatt's said...

I hate stories like that! Scares me to death having little girls. I'm sorry JJ has been sick. It seems like that flu bug is really going around. We've all been healthy for a while I just hope it stays that way when the baby comes. I'm always paranoid with newborns. Also, I like your jogger! We'll have to go for a stroll together this summer!

Kadee, Dustan, and the Kids said...

People Suck! This world is such a scary thing to live in anymore! That is one of my biggest fears in life! Something happening to one of my kids. I have become so senstive since having Carter. Watching the news gets me so sick anymore. I hate how scary it is!!

Mandi said...

AH this drives me nuts! Grab twist and pull was always my dad's motto after having 5 girls. I called Jay JJ the other day and I totally though of you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lisa Harradine said...

Hey Gilly How are you? This is Lisa (Harman) Harradine. I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. I saw you on Savanna's friends list and I just wanted to say Hi. I hope you are doing well. I agree I can't believe what this world is turning into. It is scary.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

We have had 3 or 4 attempted kidnappings in our area. Im so paranoid about my kids being outside! its terrible. Its so sad...these poor kids, honestly, I used to walk like 2 miles to school in California!
SCARY! I hate it...