Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I am going to scream!!

So I seriously need input on this one, even if I don't know you and you read my blog, PLEASE give me any ideas you might have to help me with my situation.
POTTY TRAINING.....
It was going so well there for a while, but we've had a problem with poop from the beginning. To make a long, dirty, smelly and frusterating story short I will just say this, I need some advice, JJ recognizes when he needs to go, he's even got quite a few times before. BUT we are still running into problems where he holds it in for a few days and then he'll just go little poops in his pants all day, instead of getting the mother load out all at once. I am just so sick of the mess!
PLEASE! Wether your an expert or not I would love to hear any ideas that you've heard, or that even worked for you when you were potty training. It's already been like 3 months and I just want to get this "mess" figured out.

7 comments:

The Funky Bunch said...

My friend just finished potty trainging her boy. The hardest part was the poop too. He always did tiny poops and told him those were the baby poops and that the daddy poop really wants to come out. So every time he gets on the potty he says he's letting the daddy poops out and has to look in the toilet to see the daddy poop and wave bye. I know, totally gross to name the poop, but it helped him! Sorry not more educational advice! It sucks but he'll get it!

Katie Bell said...

Hello, my friend and my sister in law both had this problem. They finaly had to start giving cold baths to their kids whenever they had an accident. it worked wonders with them...they both had one accident and one cold bath and the problem was gone. It souds harsh but it seems to work!! Good luck~

Stephens Family said...

Sorry, I don't have much advice. I know that he will evently get it when "he's ready". I know that sounds bad, but when he decides he want's to do it he will.

Brisa said...

potty training boys is hard! i'll keep you in my prayers:)

Lindsey Lee said...

oh gilly...i was there a few months ago!! I feel your pain girl! bottom line...STICK WITH IT. times may be tough but he WILL figure out the poop thing eventually. Owen was the same way. Months went by and he was scared to poop or something so mess after mess i would clean up. Finally, one day he decided it was cool to poop. It took Owen awhile too so no worries, just BE PATIENT. Don't go back and forth. Keep the underwear on them and be sure to tell him how cool it is to poop in the potty! good luck!

Leejean Stanger said...

Hi, just a thought, there's a children's book called "everyone poops" to help kids want to go. it might help. good luck. With wesley I bought something he really wanted (thankfuly it wasn't too expensive)But then i put it up high where he could see it but couldn't have it until he earned it by going potty for 5 days in the toilet with no messes. We put up stickers each day or time. Some times it's just a matter of motivation, but it's different for every kids. Good luck

Wes, Aulani, and Landon K. said...

I dont envy you!! I am dreading that stage.