Thursday, February 21, 2008

Don't Worry Everyone, We're Okay!

I know you all were worried so I have to just let you know we're okay, we survived our first earthquake! Yes an earthquake, it's about the most exciting thing that's happened to me since I moved here, other than "drive your tractor to school day" That's actually pretty cool too!

I got up to feed Carter at about 7:15 and I heard the weirdest sounds, kind of like really strong wind, than our whole house just shook. It was the weirdest thing! I could see the baby swing just start swinging back and forth. We just kind of got a little shock wave from the BIG QUAKe in Wells, Nevada. I feel so cool that I was in an earthquake!

6 comments:

Wes, Aulani, and Landon K. said...

I cant believe that. Thnak you for your help with my order. I love the slide show of you and Josh.

The Funky Bunch said...

Hey, we felt it too. I had just put Brooklyn back to sleep after feeding her and I got back into bed. I felt the house shake but I didn't know if I was dreaming (I was half asleep) or if Ash had come in and was shaking the bed. But she wasn't in there. Then I realized the shaking had lasted quite a while. When I woke up later and saw online that indeed it was an earthquake. So crazy!

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Yeah my mom said she heard a loud noise too. I didn't feel anything but others in Logan said they did. I thought it was pretty interesting until I showed up at work. I have to pull every article that talks about USU and make it into a report. For some reason a geologist from USU got into the mix and now I have a ton of work to do. Looks like its going to be a long day tomorrow!

Jana Dille said...

wasn't that crazy? I got up to go lay with Macy and all the sudden the bed started shaking. I thought Joe came in the room and was doing it. Weird feeling. I just thought, is this the end of the world? Thank goodness it's not!

krista said...

I guess some people felt it here too, but I didn't. I wish I would have though since I've only felt one once in my life!

Kadee, Dustan, and the Kids said...

Ha ha you totally crack me up! I am happy to hear you survived!!
I keep wondering when Utah's is going to hit strong and Hard and it scares me to death! Because it will someday! But thats some crazy stuff! Atleast you have a little knowlege on how they feel :)