Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sensitive Mommy Moment

I hope after I click "publish post" I won't feel dumb for posting this. But I am having a sensitive moment. There have been a few of my friends having babies lately, and it's been so fun to look at the pictures of those precious newborns. But I am feeling so sad at the same time, I thought my little Carter was still a baby (he's only 6 months, so he still totally is) But I guess just looking at how new those babies were, it just made Carter and J.J. seem like they are growing up so fast. It's making me want to take more time to slow down and enjoy them the way they are right now! I am learning that kids are alot of work, ESPECIALLY when they are young and so dependent on you, but they are so special and so fun, I just feel so lucky to be a mom! J.J. makes me laugh every day, and Carter is just such a sweet heart!

Just for the record, I'm not SAD enough to want another baby yet!

8 comments:

Michelle Tolboe said...

Gilly! I'm so glad you found me! You are the cutest mom ever! your boys are darling. Yeah, we live in Southern California!! We've lived here for two years. How is everything with you?? You look great!

Jana Dille said...

I understand those moments. Just the other day at Target I told Macy to hold my hand and usually she will just grab a finger and this time she put her whole hand in mine and I about started crying right there. They grow up so fast! I'm excited for monday too. I'll see if Joe can come. They better not jinx us though!

krista said...

I feel the same way, you're not alone! I have been sad that Kelan has been growing up so fast, it REALLY seems like that cause he does everything early, like crawl and walk. He is not a baby anymore! I am with you though.....not ready for another one yet. But they are sweet when they're newborns!!
We definately need to get together if you come here, it would be fun!

Kadee, Dustan, and the Kids said...

Ha! I am right there with you!! Its a good thing these moments keep continuing as they grow! They do!! BEING A MOM ROCKS!!
p.s. I want a swim suit from you but i have to save up for it too :)

The Funky Bunch said...

All moms feel this way girl! Hey, and we're on our last kid, so we're trying to cherish every moment we can since it's the last time. But they grow up way too fast. Ashlee started walking at 7 months, so she wasn't a little baby very long. And now Brooklyn is 3 months old and doesn't seem much like a baby. She's doing new things every day and it makes me sad too!

a-anderson said...

They really do grow up so fast. You have to enjoy every moment even the crazy ones because it will not last forever.

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

I don't have kids, but sometimes I feel like time goes by so fast. A lot of times I wish that Curtis and I were just done with school and could move on with our lives but then I realize that acutally college is kind of fun! So I am just trying to enjoy life, beacause someday I know we will look back and think that college wasn't all bad. Your kids are growing up so fast. Mom told me about how J.J. reacted to his Valentine and I couldn't stop laughing!

Lindsey said...

I am right there with you. I can't believe my Christian is almost one. It is going even faster with the second.

p.s. where in the world is kassidy? do you have her email?
mine is lindseykearl@gmail.com