Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gettin Greedy with the cots

So last week or so a neighbor let me in on a little secret that a few people were going down to pick apircots off of this ladies tree. (with permission of course) So we picked and picked AND picked. I came home with two HUGE bags full of cots. But I've realized that I get a little obsessive when stuff is free, I just feel like I have to get more and more. So the next morning when me and my friend went running we stopped by another house and picked and picked AND picked till we had 2 more bags heaping full.
I have so many apricots I have just been scrambling to use them all up before they go rotten. I've made some delicious fruit leather, Jam, muffins, I've dried a bunch and frozen a bunch. If you have a good recipe that calls for apricots let me know, I feel like such a homemaker.

8 comments:

Lanie said...

that seems like something you would do :)

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Good thing you are married to Josh he can eat ALOT of fruit!

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

don't you love the free fruit! I feel like that's how I've been with zucchini and squash this year!

jeremiah said...

I am sure that josh is enjoying all those apricots. Make sure he doesnt eat to many and gets sick. Love ya'll

Lisa Harradine said...

Mmmm...I love apricots. Sounds like something I would do. I love free things too.

krista said...

Wish I lived by you! Sounds yummy.

The Hardy's said...

sounds like you have the runs at your house with all those apricots. jk...maybe! we just did some apricot nectar, luke loves it.

Mandi said...

Do you want more Cots? I have about 2 million in my back yard! Yup didn't know it was an apricot tree until my grass turned orange! So, are you coming down to play in the Alumni game. I think you definitely should! I miss you and I want to see your kids!