Sunday, September 14, 2008

I've decided that Seizures are the scariest things EVER!


While driving home from Twin yesterday, Josh happened to look back at Carter, his eyes were rolled back in his head and he was shaking uncontrollably. I yelled for Josh to pull over and we jumped out onto someone's lawn and layed him down. He was still seizing pretty bad, and it seemed like he wasn't breathing. I quickly called 911 not knowing what to do, Carter started turning blue, after about a minute his body started calming down. The scariest thing is when he came out of his seizure, things weren't quite right, it was almost like he was blind, or brain dead. He just stared up at Josh blankly with no expression, and it took over 10 minutes till he could even move his arms or legs, he just sat there, lifeless. We got to the emergency room and saw the doctor, by the time we waited we saw Carter getting more responsive and closer to acting like himself. The doctor said that the seizure was caused by a quick spike in temprature. He had been running a slight fever while we were at Josh's office, I figured he was teething, we were on our way home to get some tylenol. The doctor tested for other causes but that seemed to be it, Josh had some seizures when he was a little kid and grew out of them. I hope it never happens again, now that it's over he's totally okay (other than the high fever still) but when it was happening we seriously thought he was going to die, it was the scariest thing ever to see him like that. But our little precious is okay, he'll get some extra love the next few days, that's for sure! What a day!

15 comments:

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

My mom told me about that yesterday and it scared me so bad! I can't imagine how that would be! I am so glad little Carter is feeling better. Give him a hug from me!

Jana Dille said...

Oh, it is the scariest thing in the world. The same exact thing happened to Brady once and I was in tears. The ambulance came and everything! I was home alone and am so glad it only happened once! Hopefully it won't happen to him again either!

Jaylynn said...

I'm so glad he is feeling better, and it is not a routine thing thus far! We have friends that it has become routine for their little one, and that would just be the scarriest thing ever! I feel so bad for you and can't imagine going through that as a mother, at least one that severe. Hopefully it's a one time thing as well. It was fun seein ya at the fair! how did it go? did you find another consultant? Hopefully you're doing good!!

Lanie said...

Yikes, that is so scary. I don't know what i would have done. i'm glad he's ok!

a-anderson said...

My mom told me about Carter. That is soooo scary. I am glad that he is okay now. We just love that little guy!!!

krista said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I know that can be scary. I'm glad that everything turned out ok!

Jesse, Hailey, Max and Boston said...

Oh my gosh Gilly! I am so glad everything is okay. That is so scary! We actually live in Roosevelt also. It is taking some getting use to. How does Cassidy like it? You will have to give her my number and we can get together if she wants cause I have time! That is crazy how close our due dates are. Take care.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Oh my I cant imagine! How Scary! So glad he is doing better. My neighbor had a seizer 2 weeks ago and another one had a stroke. There has been so much of this stuff happening-its scary. He is so cute...

Lyssa said...

That is so scary! I am so glad that he is alright!

The Hardy's said...

wow, i'm glad everything is ok. i hope it doesn't happen again either. scary

Chris and Shae said...

Oh My Gosh! I'm so glad that Carter is okay! Like everyone else has said, "That is so scary." I hope he gets feeling better soon! I miss YOU ... take care

Andi said...

Hi Gilly! So glad you found me. Your family is so beautiful. So glad everything's okay with your little Carter.
I would love to keep in touch! You know where to find me :)

The Wyatt's said...

Oh wow! That would be so scary! I'm glad Josh was with you and so glad that little Carter is o.k!

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that. I got the chills about 3 times just reading the post. I am SO sorry you had to go through that. I can't even imagine seeing your little kid like that and being totally helpless. Sounds like you guys did a great job taking care of him! Lets just pray it doesn't happen again.

Wendell Shantala said...

oh my goodness I am so sorry. I thought that Taya's passing out was bad. I am so glad that all is well with him.