Sunday, March 16, 2008

Growing up FAST!

J.J. said is first prayer this week. We were about to eat dinner and I was getting everything set, and JJ just bowed his head and started mumbling a prayer all by himself. I could hear him say "Heavenly Father" and "Thanks for the blessings" "It's a good day" and then a few other words, then..... "AMEN!" I couldn't help but smile.
For bedtime last night he volunteered to say it, which is VERY surprising because he usually fights us when it's time for bedtime prayers. But last night he folded his arms and said the usual, "thank you for blessing, thank you for this day, and my family"... BUT then he mumbled something else and the only word me and josh could understand was "Barbies" He has been playing at Grandma Funks lately in the Barbie room with his cousins. Me and Josh were laughing so hard.

Carter has reached another major milestone..... Bad Breath! He woke up from his nap the other day and I was surprised to smell that smell coming out of his mouth. He does have 8 teeth now. Darn teeth! They are the cause of all this! Oh Well!

6 comments:

Wes, Aulani, and Landon K. said...

I cant belive how fast they grow up either! I got my stuff I know It has been like 2 weeks or something, but I love them next is a swim suit! We are like two hours from Reno you should have called.

The Funky Bunch said...

It's so cute to hear kids say prayers. My two LOVE to do it. It's so funny that they say the same thing every time. And it is such a big accomplishment for them. And the bad breath thing is so gross. I can't believe the stink that can come out of their tiny mouths! Thank goodness for gum!! Lol!

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

I want to hear J.J. say prayer!! That is funny that Carter has bad breath...its weird to picture a cute little guy with bad breath :)

Jaylynn said...

Wow, 8 teeth! That is crazy, Adi only has 4 working on the fifth right now. Your kids are so cute. I totally understand the whole take a good picture thing with two kids. It's impossible. I wanted to take some at Christmas of the kids, all cute and posing, and in every single one the other child was looking away, or blinking, or moving. So much for the artistic pictures, I figured I'll have to have some artistic Asleep pictures!!lol. Anyways, Thanks so much for coming over the other day, you are a Sweetheart! That was fun to get together at Jana's, sorry so rushed, it was a crazy busy night!

a-anderson said...

The Bad Breath made me laugh out loud. JJ is so cute. I love listening to their little prayers. Cole always has to say the prayer, but he just says Heavenly Father over and over and over.

krista said...

I can't believe Carter has 8 teeth already, CRAZY!

I always try to get a good picture of the boys together, but it's definately IMPOSSIBLE, so I know what you mean.