Sunday, March 9, 2008

RENO NEVADA




So me and josh had a little get away this last week for a few days. We drove to Reno, NV, it was a 6 1/2 hour drive, but we passed the time listening to the 1998 "Jock Jams" CD, boy did that bring back some weird memories. And I must say I couldn't believe how many trailor towns we passed on our way down. It was unbelievable how many trashy towns there were, I've never seen so many trailors in my life. I sound like a brat but SERIUOSLY! I hardly took any pictures when we were in Reno, but I managed to get this shot on the way back. Someone in one of the scariest towns we passed built this tower of CRAP, it was just a ton of trash piled up so high, and it was somewhat organized trash I guess. I just took the picture as we wizzed by in our car so it's not the best, so that's what that picture is in case you were wondering.
Reno was great though, we went out to eat, gambled $7, went shopping, tried to go to the temple (to find my recommend was expired :( ) Nothing like a vacation to get you excited to come back to your regular life. Josh's family watched the boys, his sister Alish is up with her two kids so I'm sure it was a handful. Thanks so much to them for doing that! It was nice to just be husband and wife for a couple days.

9 comments:

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Looks like you guys had fun. It's always good to get away. I am still laughing about the trailer houses!

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh how fun. How did you decide on Reno??? It's definitely nice to be able to get away without kids, cause the more you have the harder it is!! I'm jealous though, Mike and I really need to get away! Glad you had a good time. When are you headed this way???

krista said...

Jaxe and I are in desperate need of a getaway.....ALONE!
Glad you guys had fun, everyone needs to be reminded they are a wife too instead of just a mom!!

krista said...

Jaxe and I are in desperate need of a getaway.....ALONE!
Glad you guys had fun, everyone needs to be reminded they are a wife too instead of just a mom!!

a-anderson said...

I am so glad you two got away on a little vacation. It was so fun to watch the kids.

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Brisa said...

oh my gosh! i was surfing the web and i found you. i don't know if you remember me, brisa, we were in the same ward a long time ago! you have a beautiful family, come check us out. my blod is www.brisamamacita.blogspot.com

The Wyatt's said...

It's amazing at what a little mom and dad alone time will do! It's so refreshing. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Brisa said...

we need to be blog buddies. we live in salt lake county, i'm married to steve fullmer, i don't know if you remember him, he went to lakeridge with us. i can't believe i have three kids either. it's crazy!! anyways lets keep in touch. your kids are so flippin cute!