Monday, May 26, 2008

Special Little Spirits


Sometimes the things J.J. says just melt my heart. Little kids are just so much closer to the spirit, and now that JJ is talking all the time he will talk about Jesus and all sorts of church things.
We always pass the temple on the way to run errands, J.J. will always take the time to recognize the temple, he will talk about how Jesus lives there, and how he's' going to go inside and see Heavenly Father.
J.J. also LOVES music so much, he is constantly humming a song, or tapping his hands to the beat in his head. I think music has such a powerful influence on our feelings, and sometimes when I will flip through the radio stations JJ will yell for me to stop at the Jesus song. He's done it a few times and I will go back to the station and it will be someone like Josh Grobin singing. Even little kids can feel that uplifting feeling when listening to good music.
I just wanted to write down a few of those experiences so I wouldn't forget how special my little J.J. is.

5 comments:

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

It was fun seeing you guys this weekend. I love listening to J.J. talk! He can talk more and more each time I see him!

a-anderson said...

I like hearing about your little guy. What he says is so cute.

Jana Dille said...

It is really cute to see what they say. That's also neat that he recognizes good music too:) By the way, love the mullet!!

The Funky Bunch said...

That is so cute! It's amazing how close kids are to the spirit, I guess they should be the closest ones considering they were with Jesus just a while ago!

Jaylynn said...

Kids so so cute with the things they come up with, but it's especially sweet when they start relating special things and they point to a picture of Jesus and recognize Him, and they say their prayers and talk to Him, it's so sweet it melts my heart still, it's my favorite way to end the day, with Aldon saying our family prayers all by himself, so innocent and the things he throws in there.