Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Creepiest thing! What would YOU have done?

So it was a little after 10:30 last night, Josh was sleeping because he had to get up at 5:00 am the next morning, and JJ and I were just watching TV while I was rubbing his back so he'd fall asleep.
All the sudden there was a knock at the door, I looked at the clock and thought it was pretty late for someone to stop by. I sat there for a few seconds debating on going and answering it. Then after about 10 seconds whoever it was started trying to open the door. About seven times they jiggled the door knob and kind of pushed to see if it was unlocked.
At that point I just walked back to where Josh was sleeping to tell him, then I went back out and looked out the window. I didn't see anybody!

Isnt that so creepy, even if it WAS someone we know, I don't think NORMAL people just try and open the door and let themselves in. What if the door was unlocked! So WEIRD! All I know is that I hate stuff like this, and now I'm a little freaked.

9 comments:

Brisa said...

how scary! good thing your husband was home, if not it would have been worse.

Lisa Harradine said...

Oh my gosh, hearing things like that terrify me. I am just glad your doors were locked and your husband was home.

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh my gosh, that's so scary. But not to scare you anymore, I have a story. A girl was attacked in her OWN house a few weeks ago out here by us. It was the middle of the day! Her door was unlocked and in walked the guy who was living with the neighbors. He locked the door behind him and came at her with a knife. She grabbed the knife and broke it (must have been all the adrenaline). It cut her hand pretty bad. They struggled for a while, he was grabbing her. She finally decided that maybe if she got hurt that he'd leave her alone. So she slammed her leg against something. (She thought she broke it, but come to find out just tore every ligament and muscle in it). So the guy finally just left. Thankfully she wasn't raped or anything. But I hope that if anything ever like that happened to me that I'd be as strong and brave as her. Keep those doors locked ALWAYS!! Oh, the guy turned himself in the next day. He was on parole, he was a registered sex offender!

The Funky Bunch said...

Sorry, totally didn't want to make you worry more or more freaked out. But it goes to show you never know what could happen and that you can't really trust that many people. Oh and this guy went to high school with her husband! Creepy!!!

a-anderson said...

I hate stuff like that. It was probably nothing, but not knowing makes your mind think the worst. Keep the doors locked.

The Wyatt's said...

Yikes! I hate getting freaked out like that. Now you have me paranoid living in the same neighborhood as you! I guess it's a good reminder to keep the doors locked. I feel like it's so much safer here than in Omaha where we used to live but I guess you can never be too careful.

Jana Dille said...

Oh man Gilly, I would be nervous too! I might take steps to make sure you have some pepper spray close by:) Glad you're okay.

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

I shouldn't have even read this comment! If ya know what I mean! Glad you are safe!

Gentry said...

This was the night you called me and thought it was me!! I promise it wasn't!! Creepy though =[[ Glad you and the little guys are all safe!! ♥